Thursday, April 3, 2008

Washington, DC - Cherry Blossoms, Friends & a Wedding

We had SUCH a great time in Washington, DC last weekend. This is a picture of Heather (Fortuna) and Michael Bush at one of my favorite restaurants, The Carlyle Grand Cafe. Heather and Michael just got married a few months ago and Heather is one of my best friends in the whole world!! So great to see you guys!
The purpose of our trip was to attend another dear friend's (Kristina Khona) wedding. Kristina and Aaron met and live in NYC, but Kristina and I used to live in DC at the same time and also worked in the DC temple together for years. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding. Congratulations Kristina and Aaron - we love you so much!
We had fondue at Amber's house on Friday night - you'll see a couple shots like this. How cute is Matt... I always want to kiss him, but you add chocolate to the mix and he's even more tempting! (My kids will think that's so gross...) Sweet Matt was thinking of Kayla the entire weekend with all of the flowers in bloom in DC at this time of year. Every time we passed by some (whether it be a park or a gas station) he wanted to take a picture to show Kayla. He's such a good dad.
I love how much my friends adore Matt and Matt adores them, and I always hoped that whoever I married would really get how important to me my friends are. This is Amber, Jill Chappel (aka Chappy) and Matt piled on Amber's couch.
Choco-Chappy
Another dear friend is Richelle Hobbs - oh how I love this girl (she's the one in the red sweater). She joined our fondue party and we all ended up telling stories until 2am. Talk about being sleepy and still laughing at the same time...
Kristina and Aaron were sealed in the Washington, DC Temple, and it was so much fun to take Matt there with me. I worked there for 7 years and have talked about it so much to him. It was a beautiful day outside, too, and I loved being back there with Matt.
So at 3:15am on Sunday morning, March 30, there was a crazy car accident outside the window. This truck was (obviously) upside down and there were other cars involved, too. Soon there were 5 fire trucks and 5 ambulances, police cars, etc... pretty dramatic RIGHT outide your window!

Me, Matt and Amber at the Rio on Friday night.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Cherstyn, its Robin Checketts. I love reading your blog and was so excited to see pictures and hear about girls that I love as well! I am so happy for Kristina. I always liked her, and thought she was so beautiful. And Richelle, how I love that girl. I can only imagine how much fun you all had talking until 2 AM that morning! Your Matt is a total cutie! And I am so excited that you are happily married.

Jill said...

Yay Cher and Matt! It was so much fun having you here! I love you both so much. Can't wait to see you again very soon!
xoxo

Amber said...

It was so much having you here! I loved our story telling time. It could have gone on all night and I never would have tired of it - oh wait, it did!

Brooke Wilkins said...

I love DC especially in the spring! It seriously is on of my favorite places! I love that you guys get to go do such fun things!

The Meaghers said...

Cherstyn-
Looks like you had so much fun visting DC! We miss seeing you here!
Michael Bush is our Home Teacher, so I will have to ask him about all of your fun adventures together since he married Heather.
And yes, we all love Richelle!
It is so much fun to read your blog and catch up with your beautiful family.
-Holly & Matt Meagher