Friday, November 28, 2008

Dinner with Frank Abagnale, October 24

If you haven't seen the movie Catch Me If You Can you may not be that familiar with Frank Abagnale, but I remember seeing that movie and being astonished that it was based on a true story. Matt and I attended a dinner at The Grand America Hotel with Matt's parents and were so excited to hear Frank Abagnale address the group as the keynote. We did not leave disappointed and I am now eager to read his autobiography, and am so inspired by what he's learned, what he teaches, and how he is so apply able to transfer that wisdom to others. His version of his life differed a little from the movie, but not by much, and he explained why there were some creative licenses taken with his story when it was made into a motion picture.

4 comments:

Christopher Marc said...

I love that movie, mostly because I think, "If I wasn't raised LDS, I could totally be like that." If you have a transcript of what he said, let me know! Also, we need you address ASAP!

CherstynandMatt said...

I'd be happy to give you an updated address but I don't know who "Christopher Marc" is...???

The Richardsons said...

wow that would have been so cool to hear him speak and get his first hand account on the whole thing! I didn't realize there was a biography, I might have to read it too!

Jill said...

I loved that movie and it wasn't only because of LEO! So awesome that you met him and I can't wait to hear more about it when I see you in person!!!