Sunday, May 18, 2008

BYU Women's Conference May 1-2, 2008

This is the second year that a few of us have attended BYU Women's Conference and this year I had such a pleasant surprise happen. This couple that I'm pictured with here are two very important people to me from my upbringing. They are Jim and Karen Talbot; Jim was my bishop when I was in High School while Karen was my Young Women's President. While browsing the class catalogue, I saw Karen's name as an instructor and I made the trek across campus to catch the class. She is amazing - always was as a teacher in my youth. Afterward, I made my way to the front to reunite after so many years (I haven't seen them since I was 18) and it was such a fun reunion. Bishop Talbot (Jim) was a wonderful leader as well, and they were such a strong example to me as the kind of couple to emulate my future marriage off of. What a blessing to see them again.

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

So I was googling Women's conference and randomly found your blog! It's great to see that you are doing well and happy. Maybe I'll see you at women's conference this year...