Thursday, August 26, 2010

We Miss You So Much, Sadie - Nov. 24, 2006 - Aug. 25, 2010





Our beloved Sadie sadly passed away yesterday afternoon at 3:00pm. Those of you who know us and know Sadie know that she was (is) a member of the familiy, and a wonderful companion to our dog Kona. We are all heartbroken today as we face the first day without her, and try to comfort our truly mourning Kona, who is depressed and very lethargic. We wanted to memorialize her here with photos and memories.

Sadie joined our family the night before our wedding, February 2, 2007. Kayla and Nate had always wanted a dog, and Matt told them that when they got a new mommy, then they could get a dog. So we gave them a surprise wedding gift, and Sadie was an instant joy to each of us.

After she passed away we held a family memorial where the kids wrote her letters that we buried with her, and we all cried and had a prayer.





This is one of our favorite memories. Sadie had a stuffed animal that she attached herself to when she was a puppy, freshly removed from her mom. Sometimes we knicknamed the stuffed dog her "boyfriend," and sometimes her "mom" (twisted, we know), but either way she was very protective and possesive of "it" and daily fell asleep next to it or on it. In this photo above, we had thrown it in the washing machine (as it had been dragged through the dirt and was covered in her slobber), and she would not leave the washing machine the entire time it was running. It was so cute.









Sadie always sat on the top of the couch looking out the window. When she went to grandpa Bob's house, she did the same thing - she just loved her window view.


This is Nate's favorite picture of he and Sadie - look how young Nate looks.











We can't believe she is gone. Just yesterday I was walking her in the morning before work, and she slept in our room with us Tuesday night, all curled up in her little "donut" shape on the chair. Kayla was just saying that she can't believe it was yesterday that Matt brought Sadie in the car with him to pick her up from school. We don't know how long it will take for us to not cry at every thought of her.

5 comments:

moi said...

I'm sorry for your loss and hope that your pain will soon be eased.

Jackie Jensen said...

The loss of a beloved pet is so painful. You really HAVE lost a member of your family and feel the absence every minute. Only time will heal. I still miss my little sweetie of 10 1/2 years, even after it's been 7 years now that she's been gone. I'm so glad that I get to see her again someday!! I'll pray for you and your family...:-(

Jill said...

Cher! This is so sad! How did she die?? I'm so sorry!! You must all be heartbroken. I am really very sorry. xxoo

Tamster said...

Oh Cher!

My heart goes out to you and your sweet family. It is such a tough thing to lose a member of one's family like that. While growing up we lost three pets in a row and I never really have gotten over it. Our little Bella has embedded herself in our hearts. Imagining her passing is too much to bare. We can truly empathize. Our prayers are with you!

Love,

Your Cuz, Tami

Mels said...

I totally understand because I lost my dear Kay, my horse, it is so hard but just remember all the happy times you had with them, I know that Kay is not in pain anymore/she did have cancer. I do miss her. I am so sorry about your lost. My other Horse Tuffy is doing excellent. Congrats, I am so excited, welcome to the family Shaun and Asheley and the new cousin soon to be! I love and miss you all. Time will heal the hurt you feel, but always remeber them, it helps to know we can see our love ones again someday since families are forever- like I miss my Johnson grandparents and Kara. You all are awesome, congrats again Matt and Cherstyn and Cherstyn I am so glad you are part of the family too!